Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Another Great Day

Well the title says it all. It was another long day. It started off a little slow as the motivation of everyone from all the flying has made us very tired. I launched middle of the pack and climbed out fast above launch. I made it to base just in time to see Will and a bunch of others out front on glide. I hurried my ass of downwind after them but of course missed the climb to be able to catch them. So I searched for awhile down low and someothers joined me in my climb back to base. I was now in a big hurry to catch up but every time I felt close it was just to far to get them. I managed at the 60 km mark to get close ofenough to actually ask a farmer if it was ok to land in his field. I was actually around tree top height ready to land and managed a climb back to base to get going again. At this point Torsten from Germany and Anders from Norway joined me and off me went from cloudbase for a very long glide. At the 100km mark the other two took a different route and ended up landing leaving me alone for the rest of the day. After some very low saves and the wind increasing from the East as I had to head North along the route i continued for another 60 km were i finally just decided I was to damn tired of the sun beating me in the face. I landed for yet another 100mile flight or 162km. So far in four flight this week I have close to 600km and something close to 30hours in the air. I feel beaten and battered but I will continue for next week of training for the worlds. Will got 200km's out and Nicole managed a very good 102km so a Great day for Team Durka Durka.
Cheers Keith

No comments: